Chapter 1.5.1 My Awakening: In Search for True Parents

1.5. 0 SD-TOE AND THE GREAT AWAKENING:

1.5.1 My Search for True Parents


Godism was conceived by Rev Dr. Moon prior to my birth in 1952, yet from the time I came to know myself as a living being I have felt disconnected from who I really am. Being born without true parents and at a time of political turbulence in my country Liberia, I opened my eyes to my identity as an African in the Bronx of New York City at the age of ten in 1962. From that harsh environment began my awakening as a child of God in search of his True Parents.

Prior to meeting Father and Mother Moon, Lord Jesus guided my life. I was raised as a Christian by my adopted-mother[1]. As a Christian I believed that Lord Jesus was “the only begotten son of God”, but with time I became disillusioned with religion as an institution. I never lost faith in God and Jesus but I began to doubt the church and its teachings. The more I witnessed man’s inhumanity to each other the more I began to question God.  While growing up in America I learned about racism, hatred, greed and selfishness. In 1965 my family moved back to Liberia, so I could see the fruit of a nation build on Christian Principles ruled by black people themselves. Painfully I came to realize that after suffering 210 years of slavery under racism in America my own ancestors had inherited the ways of their slave masters. They gradually developed Liberia into a nation-state rooted in tribalism[2], a root that blossomed into a 27 years period of civil conflict from 1979 to 2006. This conflict period was fueled by resentment, hatred, greed and pain,



[1] My birth mother Geraldine Bennetta Coleman died when I was about three years old. She had asked her cousin  Georgia B. Coleman (my adopted mother) to take care of me. As a single parent with two children of her own, she raised me as a Christian. 

[2] Tribalism is another aspect of Racism, both are rooted in man’s inability to love his fellow man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

en-01-sgtoe

Liberia: A Nation of Destiny for Africa

Abstract to Scientific Godism: A New Theory of Everything