Chapter 1.5.2 My Awakening and Break from Institutional Religion


1.5.2 My break from Institutional Religion:


In the 1970’s I had a series of spiritual experiences that began the true awakening to who I really was… a child of God. In John 4:20 we are told the following:

“If a man say I love God and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?”

This simple verse made me realize that modern religion did not know the true heart of GOD. Upon returning to America in 1970 as a student of electrical engineering at Wayne State University, I decided to seek out the truth of GOD outside of my traditional faith. I studied different religions and mystic philosophies to understand their view of GOD. 

Suddenly I noticed that as I searched for God he too was reaching out to me. My first spiritual experience was associated with an allergic reaction to penicillin. After being treated with penicillin for an insect bit I had my first near death experience. My body dropped to the ground in the hospital moments after the injection, but suddenly I was awake in another body looking at my physical body on the ground.   This experience and several others after that made me clearly realize that consciousness exist in a spiritual body not the physical body. A second experience linked to cerebral malaria taught me that human beings have spiritual senses beyond the five physical senses.These two experiences served as my scientific evidence of life after death, so I was now 100% percent convinced that traditional religion did not know the true nature of God. While continuing my search for the Truth, I was blessed to returned to America in 1977 to pursue my graduate studies in Electrical Engineering in Boston,Massachusetts.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

en-01-sgtoe

Liberia: A Nation of Destiny for Africa

Abstract to Scientific Godism: A New Theory of Everything